When you know you need a certified copy of a birth certificate, the next step is to determine where the birth occured.  Birth records are filed according to the state where the birth occured.  If the birth occured in another state, then a certified copy of the record can only be obtained by applying directly to that state. 


Our Vital Records Department is the office you would contact to request a certified copy of the needed birth certificate.  This service is availabe in each of our offices: Price, Castle Dale, and Moab.


You must have a valid picture I.D. with you to obtain the certificate.  Mailed requests must include an enlarged and easily identifiable photocopy of the back and front of your identification from the list below.  If no identification is enclosed, your application will be returned.  (All identification MUST be current).




At least 1 of the following:

  • Photo Driver License

  • Photo Identification Card

  • School, University or College ID Card

  • Employment Card

  • U.S. Military Identification Card

  • Tribal Identification Card

  • Alien Registration Card/Permanent Resident Card

  • Temporary Resident Card

  • U.S. Passport

  • Foreign Passport

  • U.S. Certification of Naturalization

  • Certificate of U.S. Citizenship

  • U.S. Citizenship Identification Card

  • Matricula Consular Card

  • Concealed Firearm Permit

  • Mexican Voter Registration Card


Or at least 2 of the following:

  • Work Identification/Paycheck/W-2

  • Voter Registration Card

  • Social Security Card

  • U.S. Military Separation/DD-214

  • Motor Vehicle Registration/Title

  • Probation Documents

  • Marriage License

  • Divorce Decree

  • Property Tax Receipt

  • Veterans Universal Access ID Card

  • Pilot License

  • Hunting/Fishing License

  • Court Order of Adoption or Name Change

  • Court Orders/Court Papers

  • Utility Bill

  • Jail/Prison ID or release form (with picture)

  • Medicaid Card

You can go to the following link to order a birth certificate from the State of Utah:  silver.health.utah.gov

 If you cannot provide acceptable identification, ask a spouse, parent, grandparent, or sibling who can provide appropriate identification, to request the certificate.  Proof of relationship may be required, such as a birth, death or marriage certificate.


The cost is $20 for the first document and $10 for each additional copy of that birth certificate.

Some older records are not immediately available.  For the $20 fee, the application must be sent in to the Office of Vital Records and Statistics, 288 N. 1460 West, P.O. Box 141012, Salt Lake City, UT  84114-1012.  The time frame is 3 to 4 weeks.  For faster service, the fee is $35, and the record is available in 24 hours.


Our office locations:  Price Office:28 South 100 East, P.O. Box 800, Price, UT  84501

Castle Dale Office:  25 West Main, P.O. Box 644, Castle Dale, UT  84513

Moab Office:  575 So. Kane Creek Blvd, P.O. Box E, Moab, UT  84532

28 South 100 East
Price, UT 84501

Tel: 435-637-3671
Fax: 435-637-1933

Copyright© Seuhealth.com 2013.

All rights reserved.


Web Development by