Baby Your Baby

  • Financial Assistance

  • How to Qualify for Baby Your Baby

  • Eligibility Chart

  • Where to Apply for Baby Your Baby

  • Selecting a Health Care Provider for Baby Your Baby

Financial Assistance

Through the Baby Your Baby program, financial help is available on a temporary basis to Utah women who are pregnant and do not have the money to pay for prenatal care. Baby Your Baby can help finance a pregnancy through a form of Prenatal Medicaid.

Apply for Baby Your Baby


How to Qualify for Baby Your Baby

To sign up for Baby Your Baby financial help, you must first have your pregnancy confirmed with a test by a doctor or clinic. Most county health departments can provide low-cost pregnancy testing.

To qualify for Prenatal Medicaid the Baby Your Baby representative will look at your gross monthly income (before taxes) for the current month and the number of people in your family including your unborn baby.

If your income is within the financial guidelines and you meet other basic program guidelines, the representative can issue you a temporary Medicaid card. This card covers outpatient pregnancy related services such as your doctor's appointments and prescriptions. It does not cover labor and delivery. You must apply for Medicaid as soon as possible. Your Pink card is only temporary! Only one Baby Your Baby temporary card can be issued per pregnancy, so it is important that you turn in a Medicaid application as soon as possible.

Once your Medicaid application is processed, your Medicaid card will cover the rest of your pregnancy along with the hospital stay and delivery charges.

If you think that you may qualify for Baby Your Baby Financial assistance please call for an appointment at the office nearest where you live (see locations).

Please call the Baby Your Baby Hotline at 1-800-826-9662 with any questions or for more information about prenatal or early childhood services available in your community. We also have phone numbers for similar programs in other states.


Eligibility Chart

Eligibility is based on your household size (including the unborn baby) and gross monthly income (before taxes) as well as other basic program guidelines. Use the table below to decide if you may qualify for financial help through Baby Your Baby.

Income Guidelines for Baby Your Baby Presumptive Eligibility 

Family Size

Monthly Income




















Presumptive Eligibility March 1, 2019 through February 28, 2020

If you do not qualify for Baby Your Baby Presumptive Eligibility, other sources of financial help or low cost clinics may be available. Contact the Baby Your Baby Hotline at 1-800-826-9662 for more information.

Where to Apply for Baby Your Baby

There are many places in Utah that you can apply for financial help through the Baby Your Baby Program. To find the office nearest you, check the list below or call 1-800-826-9662.

Health Department Locations

Price Office

28 S 100 E

PO Box 800

Price, UT 84501

(435) 637-3671

Castle Dale Office

25 W Main

PO Box 644

Castle Dale, UT 84513

(435) 381-2252

Moab Office

575 S. Kane Creek Blvd.

Moab, UT 84532

(435) 259-5602


Selecting a Health Care Provider for Baby Your Baby

When you start the Baby Your Baby (BYB) program, you will get a “Pink Card” to show to your health care provider when you go in for your first prenatal visit (care during your pregnancy). The doctor or nurse midwife must be a Medicaid provider. Your Pink Card (Baby Your Baby Card) will help you to start your prenatal care right away. Please fill out your Medicaid application and get an appointment with the Medicaid eligibility office as soon as possible.

Your HPR can tell you which HMOs you can choose from and which doctors and nurse midwives work with each HMO. It is best to choose a doctor or nurse midwife from one of the Medicaid approved HMOs now so you won’t have to change health providers when you qualify for Medicaid.

If you already have a doctor or midwife, check to see if he or she is with one of the Medicaid HMOs. As soon as you qualify for Medicaid, pick the HMO your doctor or midwife works with so you won’t have to change providers in the middle of your pregnancy! If you don’t live in Davis, Salt Lake, Utah or Weber County you don’t have to choose an HMO.

If you have more questions, please call the Baby Your Baby Hotline at 1-800-826-9662, or visit MyHealthCare - a website designed to help you make informed decisions about your medical care.

28 South 100 East
Price, UT 84501
Tel: 435-637-3671
Fax: 435-637-1933

Copyright© 2013.

All rights reserved.


Web Development by